Super TV Thoughts: Democracy, Musicals, and Emilio Estevez
So much TV, so many sentences, so little else. This time, the subjects are the season premiere of Chuck; the mid-season premiere of South Park; and October episodes of Kaizoku Sentai Goukaiger, Kamen Rider Fourze, 90210, CSI: Cheers, Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Young Justice, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and ThunderCats. Lots of stuff and such, including thousands of spoilers, so watch out, and use the anchor links to help avoid stuff.
Kaizoku Sentai Goukaiger:
32: Power Into One
- And Don helped Harry Potter get more confident about soccer.
- The Ohrangers weren’t the first to have a big combo weapon like that… Maybe it was more important on their show?
33: You’re a Herooooo!!
- Yay, Naoki “Oolong” Tatsuta as the monster. I love him as a food vacuum.
- Yay yay for Ryou. He’s barely changed in 18 years. He’s still got it!
- Tenshin daaaa!
- Kameo Shopping District!? Is that a reference, or a coincidence?
34: Making Dreams Come True
- Hi, Tom Cruise. (Kirihiko from Kamen Rider W.)
- Luka, don’t hate broccoli.
- Use Fuuraimaru some more, why don’t you. That was a good decoy plan, though.
- Haha, those double Gais were nuts.
35: Across DIMENSIONS
- Bomper, what. Didn’t expect him to be in this too. I loved when people carried him around.
- Sousuke’s hair, fuck. It’s still insane, but in the wrong way.
- That old west dude looks like James Cromwell.
- Oh lord, Speedor and BeaRV had a kid. Machalcon?
- Another two-parter, damn. What is the Go-Ongers’ greatest power!? Is it related to Machalcon!?
36: Partner PIRATES
- Yep, that was a Go-Onger tribute alright. Yep.
Kamen Rider Fourze:
05: Friendship Is Double Sided
- Man, the goth girl.
- JK don’t be a JerK. (Will he become a friend after Gentarou beats the horse monster?)
- I love that ball and chain weapon.
- Is that teacher guy the scorpion monster, or just a red herring!?
- God, those party girls.
06: All Out Lightning Attack
- Loved how the goth girl thought he was dead. Did she get into the Rabbit Hutch?
- Yep, JK is a friend now.
- Already we have SSJ Fonze? They’re wasting no time with a new form.
07: Jerk Of A King
- They actually did The Breakfast Club.
- Football guy being a dick because of pressure from his father. Just like Emilio Estevez!
- Oh man, the goth girl with the Satan ink splotch.
08: The Iron Knight Cooperates
- Oh shit, Miu used the Dizer.
- Now Shun is a friend. I figured he would try the Dizer after Miu did, but I didn’t expect him to smash that statue.
- That crying scene was amazing holy shit.
09: Awakening Of A Witch
- It was obvious the witch would be a Switch. What a bitch.
- Fire State, huh? Why does it have anti-fire powers too?
- I guess they’ll bring in the goth girl to be a friend, and she can help figure out the Switches.
- …Or will she be a villain!?
4-4: Let the Games Begin
- Damn you, Navid’s uncle. At least it helped Navid make up with Dixon.
- Liam is such a dork, but at least the commercial worked.
- I had a feeling that Jim guy would come back somehow. But why stalk Adrianna, fool?
- Holly and Austin? How convenient. And ffffff she called Max. At least it turned out well, if Austin doesn’t ruin it.
- Geez, Dixon, don’t buy pills from math nerds.
- Welp, Sorority Annie didn’t last long. But Escort Annie continues?
- What’s with that photographer guy? Is he gonna have an affair with Ivy!?
4-5: Party Politics
- Austin you damn homewrecker. Stick with Max, Naomi!
- Yay, Teddy! What happened to Marco? :( But the new guy is pretty interesting; they have a nice political Romeo/Juliet controversy going. And I guess his uncle is using him to get gay votes…?
- Uh oh, now Annie’s getting Navid’s sister (Leila?) into the lifestyle.
- “Democrats, Republicans, Communists, even you.” Damn, Dixon. Are he and Adrianna gonna hook up or not?
- Congresswoman Brandy???
- Silver, noooooo. Be more understanding of Navid. :(
- So are Jim and Jane just gone now? Well, so much for that. I hate when this show drops stories so abruptly.
4-6: Benefit of the Doubt
- Aaaaaaa, are Naomi and Max really over this time?? Austin, you damn homewrecker.
- So Annie’s hooking up with an old dude? I don’t get why he liked that first date so much (really hard to swallow, in fact), but it is interesting. Old dude looks like Tony Danza.
- Huh, Adrianna singing again. Will she redeem her career? I didn’t expect her to figure out the drug thing already, but yay for helping Dixon.
- Fundraiser for Raj was kind of obvious. I’m glad it succeeded, but I suspect he’ll still die. :(
- So Congresswoman Brandy and Silver are best buds?
- Undercover Navid! But that damn evil uncle. He probably won’t succeed, and he’ll lose Silver forever. :(
- Liam a male model? I guess that’s less new for him than running a bar.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation:
- Sidle being sassy and mischievous.
- Hi, Kelly Hu. Have fun in jail, Kelly Hu.
- Don’t drown in chocolate.
- I knew it wouldn’t be the previous chick, but the girl and the microwave dude was a surprise.
12-4: Maid Man
- I knew that prince wasn’t a complete jerk. Don’t be so judgmental, blondie.
- The mayor had a bulletproof suit? What the fuck.
12-5: CSI Down
- I thought the crime scenes would all be from the same guy, but oh snap the first guy did the other two.
- Welp, blondie as a damsel in distress, with daddy trying to save her.
- Aaaaaa, I didn’t expect that guy’s daughter to be in a gang.
- I hate that weird second person camera effect.
- I love Ted Danson.
15-8: Ass Burgers
- How long have they had a Mexican bus driver? I guess someone had to replace Ms. Crabtree.
- Haha, oh god, President Mouth Shitting Duck. (He replaced Obama?)
- So everything being shit is like the Matrix? What a tweest.
- I love drunken Stan.
- I had thought Cartman was going to fake Asperger’s, like all those internet nerds do.
- Man, the fast food guys talking about friendship.
- And now everything is back to normal…?
15-9: The Last of the Meheecans
- Oh god, Butters working at that house and getting a leaf blower as a present.
- Mantequilla, savior of the Mexicans.
- “When we asked Obama to stop illegal immigrants, we didn’t mean to make the US so shitty they wouldn’t wanna come anymore.”
- Love Cartman getting defeated by the Butters pinata.
15-10: Bass to Mouth
- Suicide over shitting your pants in school? Well that’s an obvious reference. Also parodying TMZ and Wikileaks?
- Oh man, Cartman’s plan. I loved how he tricked that girl into taking his cupcakes, and his intentions with that completely threw me off at first.
- And then a laxative pizza party. God. And Mr. Mackey, Mr. Adler, et al. went with it. It’s so believably ridiculous that they would resort to Cartman.
- Yay, Lemmiwinks! And the Frog King and Sparrow Prince and stuff.
- Does Wikileaks the gerbil have Julian Assange hair?
- Oh my god, I loved how Mr. Mackey was flying around shitting everywhere.
15-11: Broadway Bro Down
- “Bros,” augh.
- Welp, blowjobs.
- I’m surprised Shelly fell for the life preserver kid. Kind of sad.
- Fffffff Spider-Man.
Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes:
53: Satoshi and Dent vs the Subway Masters!
- I love Musical Mijumaru. He looks dashing.
- Poor girl Kibago. What a coincidence that Dent found her owner.
- Whoa, expanding train battlefield.
- The big, titular double battle was awfully short.
54: Satoshi vs Champion Adeku!
- Why does Shootie always have the next badge, but then go backwards to older towns?
- I thought Adeku was a relatively young hippie, not a grungy old dude. So laid back.
- Hey there, Afro Tauros. Eating the bushes.
- Shootie playing the role of Cheren?
- And here’s the second verse to the ending, with some new animation (I think?). Thankfully it still ends with Muggyo.
55: Over the Rainbow! A Maracatchi Musical
- Some other town is across the bridge? What the hell. Wasn’t Hodomoe supposed to be right there, just like in the games? Satoshi thought so too…
- I love the Maracatchis.
- Satoshi’s group is such a dork the way they musical’d with their Pokemon.
- Who was that singing the OP at the musical? Was it Matsumoto?
Batman: The Brave and the Bold:
3-8: Triumvirate of Terror!
- wtf baseball.
- Hanging out in a diner, what. So Superman likes double bacon cheeseburgers.
- Oh god, Joker as an Amazon.
- Oh man, Alfred as a decoy Batman.
- Oh shit, future Batman has a wheelchair suit.
3-9: Bold Beginnings!
- wtf Space Ghost.
- Gray and pointy Batman.
- Oh god, Plastic Man stretched his ass way into the air.
- Aaaaaaa international Batmen and Jokers. Yay stereotypes.
- “The hammers of justice will always pound straight the bent nails of evil.”
- Welp, that’s what you get for undermining Batman, Captain Atom.
- I love Aquaman in an apron.
- Oh man, Aquaman singing and being every hero. “Aquaman’s Rousing Song of Heroism.”
3-11: Crisis: 22,300 Miles Above Earth!
- Oh god, a Batman roast. Those terrible ice puns. And of course there’s Jeffrey Ross… beating up the Joker!?
- Skiing ninjas with lasers.
- Poor Martian Manhunter. The JSA is so rude to the JLI.
- “Ice, why don’t you try mingling?” “But I don’t have to go to the bathroom.”
- Yay, everybody helped Batman and ate pie.
1-13: Alpha Male
- Poor Aqualad. But at least everything worked out and they’re all friends again.
- Yay, Captain Marvel. Do any of the others know he’s a kid?
- Superboy gets a pet wolfy?
- That tiger’s gonna keep its collar?
- Whoa, everyone out of costume. Do they all know each other’s identities?
- Injustice League, aaaaaaa. I don’t know most of them.
- “I feel naked, and not in a fun way.” That was allowed on Cartoon Network? Damn.
- Holy shit, Dr. Fate helmet as Plan B.
- Yay for Plastic Man cameo.
- I’m not a Zatanna fan, probably because of Smallville. Hope she stays away.
- Yay, Red Tornado isn’t evil after all. Sucks about his siblings, though.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars:
4-5: Mercy Mission
- Gremlin people and tree devils and great faeries. Oh my.
- I love the scenery of this planet. It reminds me of many video games.
- Whoo-hoo, I figured out the riddle before R2 or 3PO.
- A self-contained episode? Huh. Haven’t seen that in a while.
4-6: Nomad Droids
- Weird little zappy Smurfs.
- Damn, R2 straight up killed a dude. Like the Wicked Witch of the East.
- Yay for democracy.
- And the next planet has the Wizard of Oz, though the guy also reminds me of the Caterpillar from Wonderland.
- Yay for violent rebellions.
- Oh no, the Droids ran out of power. (They could do that?)
- Pirate robot fighting? wtf.
- And then the Republic saves them from the incinerator at the last minute.
- Self-contained again. Except for poor Wolf.
4-7: Darkness on Umbara
- Damn, the plant monster ate a dude.
- Cool neon planet, but fuck those neon scorpions.
- The frog face dude is a dick.
- Yay, AT-STs.
- Oh hey, a cliffhanger.
5-1: Chuck Versus the Zoom
- So no more General Beckman? Sad.
- Boo to Craig Kilborn.
- What’s with the glasses? Hmm…
- I like that Chuck is starting to realize he doesn’t need the Intersect anymore, and he has his own strengths.
- Decker. >:| What the hell is going on!?
- Yay, Robear Berbils and candy fruit.
- Trollogs and Giantors! And was that Snow Meow the trader guy had?
- Yay, they all helped each other, but I guess they won’t be building a lair this time.